The Family

The Family

Friday, November 29, 2013

Toothpaste and Fig Leaves

We talk throughout the year about our fellow citizens being good and kind and generous. I normally don't offer my opinion on that, like, "The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked...", or "There is no one good, no not one..."

But doesn't Black Friday tell a different, more accurate tale of who we are? When you squeeze a tube of toothpaste, do mashed potatoes come out? When you squeeze someone looking for a bargain (printed or 'five-finger') won't their toothpaste come out.

People were arrested in a local department store today. We ask, "What have we become?" This question shows our lack of understanding of biblical truth. We have not "become" selfish me-centered jerks. We have always been selfish me-centered jerks.

What we have become are people very good at disguising our toothpaste. Or could I say, covering our toothpaste with fig leaves?

No comments:

Post a Comment